Sunday, August 13, 2006

WHY??

Well, I did it… my head is still trying to process it and my subconscious is still screaming: “ Come back you fool, you can’t do this…” .. To me, writing a Blog has always been a heroic act, something worthy of Greek mythology and the gods of the Olympus.. I’ve always thought that those who would dare to sit down to write their thoughts must be as important as Ghandi, Kafka or Al Aqad.. at least those have something to say.. But what about me? I don’t wake up all night thinking of brilliant ideas to solve humanity’s problems, nor do I spend countless hours debating Philosophy or studying Quantum Physics.. My life’s description doesn’t exceed the following words: slept, woke, went to work, ate then slept again.. The highlight of my day is when I get my dinner and my wildest dream is to find the poor lady that will agree to sacrifice and share this life with me..

So, what can I say that is so important, it can be written down in a Blog? My life is a long tiring series of errors, so what makes what I think matters to anybody? What did those poor people - who read these lines - do wrong to deserve all this? Why should I commit this crime then?..

To tell you the truth I don’t really know, may be it is some kind of an adventure or a challenge, maybe because I have nothing else to do, or maybe it is some kind of Ego, there is something really interesting in transforming your own problems that no one cares about except you into global issues that concern everybody else, ( I’m sure that Brad Pit and Jenifer Aniston felt some kind of excitement while watching the news of their divorce on every television channel on the world, celebrities life is not as miserable as they claim it to be..) it is wonderful to find a way to tell the whole world what you think no matter how silly, shallow or even stupid your thoughts are, this gives you a rare opportunity to sit wisely one day and say in a deep tone filled with sorrow: “I warned them but they didn’t care, if only the world have listened to me then, we wouldn’t have been in such a mess..”

Luckily, things don’t look so bleak, millions of people write their Blogs and nothing happened to them and it is kind of exaggeration to assume that the world will collapse just because I started to write mine…

However, all the above reasons may make sense, but what if there was something else? What if all this is just an attempt to learn something? Just a way for me to know Mohamed Hashem a little better.. it is not as easy as you may think.. how many of you can claim that they really know themselves? Walk down the street right now and ask the first person you meet what is your greatest flaw and you will hear wonders, some will say my greatest flaw is that I’m too kind or too trusting or too caring.. if that is the case, than what have we left for angels? And from where do all these thieves, murders and dictators come from..?

They say: it takes a great courage to know yourself for who it really is and even a greater courage to confront the others with this truth.. Well, maybe that is your fault my dear reader, you agreed to be the “other” who would listen to all this, you came to this Blog by your own will and no one forced you to read it.. it was your own decision, so don’t blame me for anything then..

But it is not too late, and you can leave if you want to, i can neither blame you nor promise you anything if you decided to stay, all I can say is that I’m glad that you are here, and that you are welcome to visit me every once and a while, and who knows? Things may not be that bad and we may even learn something together..

I’ve made my decision, so how about you ?

The door is open now..

Will you come in with me?

No comments: